CURRICULUM VITAE. – [27/02/2017]
Full Name : Prof. Ma’ruf Kasim, SPi, MSi, PhD.
Institution : Halu Oleo University
e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Marine Ecology was complete at Graduate School of Science, Field Science Center for Northern Biosphere, Hokkaido University. Japan, 2006.
- Post graduate degree in Marine Biology, was completed at Graduate school Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor, Indonesia, 2008.
- Graduate degree in Fishery, was completed at Faculty of Fishery, Muslim University of Indonesia, Makassar, 1994
- Head of Seaweed Research center, Institute for Research and Community Services – Halu Oleo University. (2016-Now).
- Head of clinical journals and intellectual property rights, Institute for Research and Community Services – Halu Oleo University. (2014-2016)
- Vice-dean for cooperation of Faculty of Fishery and Marine Science, Halu Oleo University (2012-2014)
- Regional Office Director (ROD) Indonesia Marine and Climate Change Support Project (IMACS- USAID) in Southeast Sulawesi (Based on Kendari Office) (March – September 2012).
- Marine Management Advisor/Team Leader Consultant of Program Management Unit Coral Reef Rehabilitation and Management Program Phase II. At Buton District (2008-2011).
- Reseach Project of Seaweed innovation and developmnet. At Souteash Sulawesi, Funded by Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia. (2014-2016) : Responsible Person of Reef Fish Conservation Project in Buton, Funded by Tha GEF Small Grant Program, SGM. UNDP. Indonesia. (1 Januari – 31 December 2013)
- Regional Office Director (ROD) Indonesia Marine and Climate Change Support Project (IMACS- USAID) in Southeast Sulawesi (Based on Kendari Office). (5 March – 5 September 2012)
- Marine Management Advisor/Team Leader Consultant of Program Manager Unit of Coral Reef Rehabilitation and Management Program (COREMAP) Phase II. Buton District. (Dec 2007 – Dec 2011).
- Coordinator Project Adviser for Small Scale Natural Resources Management (SNRM), Managed by Marine and Coastal Resource Management Project (MCRMP) In Marine and Coastal Management Area (MCMA) Southeast Sulawesi. Indonesia. Position base: Muara Sampara, Konawe. District Southeast Sulawesi. Indonesia January 2007 – October 2007
- Coordinator Project Adviser for Schema ARE Program at, Marine and Coastal Resource Management Project (MCRMP) In Marine and Coastal management Area (MCMA) Southeast Sulawesi. Indonesia. June – December 2006
- Monbukagakhuso Scholarship for doctoral degree in marine Ecology in Graduate School of science at Hokkaido University. September 2001 – March 2006
- Lecturer and Researchers at Faculty of Fishery and Marine Scince, Halu Oleo University. Kendari. Indonesia. May 4, 1997 to Now Subject Class : Marine Biologi, Aquatic Ecology, Fishery Resources, Biodiversity and Conservation, Tropical Marine Ecology, Water Productivity, Planktonology, Sampling Methods, Water Quality Management.
- Seaweed Cultivation,
- Marine Protected Area Management, Marine Conservation, Marine Biodiversity.
- Ecology in aquatic ecosystems, Marine Ecology, Seaweed Ecology.
- Phytoplankton ecology and Biology
- Coastal Community Management.
- Sampling Methods, Underwater Observation Methods,
- Planning, monitoring, and evaluation of marine conservation and fisheries programs.
- Member of The Society for Coastal Ecosystem Studies Asia Pacific (2015-Now .
- Chairman of the regional board of Southeast Sulawesi of Indonesian Association of Oceanologist (ISOI) (2013 – Now)
- Secretary of regional board of Southeast Sulawesi of Coastal Development Expert Society (HAPI) (2010 – 2015)
- Chairman of the regional board of Southeast Sulawesi of Indonesian Coral Reef Society (INCREAS) (2008 – Now)
- National Coordinator and Vocal point of Eastern Indonesian Researcher Network (JiKTI) (2007-2015)
- Advisor of Langkoe Diving Club, Halu Oleo University, Indonesia. (2006 – 2007)
- Top 10 The Best Innovator in Indonesia, at Global Innovation Forum in Tangerang. November 2016
- Candidates for beginners of company based on technology of higher education in 2016. Directorate General of Higher Education Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia.
- The award-winning social innovators. AusAID Indonesian Social Innovator Award – Kopernik (2013)
- Best Presenter at Competition Innovation Higher Education in The 7th CUPT-CRISU Conference at Haluoleo University, 24 December 2012.
- Top 103 Innovators Indonesia. (103 Most Prospective Innovation 2011 in Indonesia) By Ministry of Research and Technology.
- Best Paper Presenters Seminar On Community Service in 2011 in Jakarta, By Director of Research and Community Service, the Directorate of Higher Education, Department of Education. No decision. 1909/E5.3/KPM/2011.
- The third Best Lecturer on academic field in Halu Oleo University in 2009.
- Collaboration Research Award from The Australia Indonesia Governance Research Partnership (AIGRP), Makassar, Indonesia, 2009.
ARCTICLE IN JOURNALS
- Comparison Growth of Kappaphycus alvarezii (Rhodophyta, Solieriaceae) cultivation in floating cage and Longline, at Journal of Aquaculuture Report, ELSEVIER. (Under Revision)
- The growth rate of seaweed (Eucheuma denticulatum) cultivated in longline and floating cage : AACL Bioflux, 2016, Volume 9, Issue 2. http://www.bioflux.com.ro/aacl
- Coral reef condition on community based marine protected area in Eastern Indonesia Galaxea Journal of Coral Reef Studies Vol. Spesial Issue : 422-427 (2013).
- Food sources of the oyster (Crassostrea gigas) and the clam (Ruditapes philippinarum) in the Akkeshi-ko estuary. Vol; 4(3): 104–114. 2009 Jurnal International , Plankton Benthos Research
- Correlation of environmental Factors and Diatoms Assemblages in Akkeshi-ko Estuaries Jurnal Terakreditas Nasional : COASTAL DEVELOPMENT Vilume 14 Nomor 3 June 2011, ISSN : 1410-5217 Accredited No :83/DIKTI/Kep/2009
- Social capital and marine resources among coastal communities in eastern Indonesia. Policy Brief 2010. Crawford School of Economics and Government at The Australian National University, ABN 52 234 063 906.
- Grazing Activity of the Sea Urchin Tripneustes Gratilla in Tropikal Seagrass Beds of Buton Island, Southeeast Sulawesi Indonesia . Jurnal Terakreditas Nasional : COASTAL DEVELOPMENT Volume 13 Nomor 1 Oktober 2009, ISSN : 1410-5217 Accredited No :83/DIKTI/Kep/2009
- Carbon content of phytoplankton and bacteria in an estuarine system. Jurnal Terakreditas Nasional : COASTAL DEVELOPMENT Volume 14 Nomor 2 Februari 2011, ISSN : 1410-5217 Accredited No :83/DIKTI/Kep/2009
- Dynamic of Particulate Organik Matter and Phytoplankton in Akkeshi-ko Estuary Jurnal Terakreditas Nasional : Ilmu Kelautan Vilume 15 Nomor 5 Maret 2010, ISSN : 0853-7291, Accredited No :83/DIKTI/Kep/2009.
- Contribution of benthic and epiphytic diatoms to clam and oyster production in the Akkeshi-ko estuary, Journal of Oceanography, June 2006, Volume 62, Issue 3, pp 267–281.
Macroalga, kajian, Biologi, Ekologi, Pemanfaatan dan Budidaya, Penerbit Penebar swadaya, 2016. (Indonesian)
- Title on Invention : Rakit Jaring Apung Rumput Laut (Seaweed rafts cage). No Patent : IDS 000001367, 20 Februari 2015.
- Title on Invention: Jaring Kantung Apung Rumput Laut (Floating bags nets Seaweed). (No of Registration: 8S002015725). 2016.
- Intensification Seaweed with protection methods (Funded by Directorate General of Higher Education Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia. (PUSNAS Multi years : 2015 and 2016).
- optimizing of seaweed production by using new protection methods (Funded by Directorate General of Higher Education Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia (Hibah KOMPETENSI Multi years 2013 and 2014)
- Planting and Analysis determination new strains of seaweed in Southeast Sulawesi (Funded by Directorate General of Higher Education Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia (Fundamental Research Multi years 2011 and 2012)
- Further tests of Eucheuma sp. Reproduktive Generative in improving the quality of seaweed (Hibah Bersaing) 2012
- Survey and Mapping of Potential Marine Resources in North Buton District, Souteast Sulawesi, Indonesia. Funded by North Buton District Goverment (BAPPEDA). 2011
- Socio-Economic Survey of Coastal Communities Buton. Funded by Coral Reef Rehabilitation and Management Project (COREMAP) 2011
- Survey of Regional Marine Conservation Area in Buton District. Funded by Coral Reef Rehabilitation and Management Project (COREMAP) 2011
- Evaluation of rural business development for Alternative Livelihoods in Buton District. Funded by Coral Reef Rehabilitation and Management Project (COREMAP) 2010
- Study of Business Development Resource Management With Local Wisdom in Buton District, Funded by Coral Reef Rehabilitation and Management Project (COREMAP) 2010
- Social Capital, Natural Resource Management, and Governance: Coastal Fishing Communities in Eastern Indonesia, Funded by AIGRP collaboration with Australian National University (ANU) 2010
- Study Aquaculture Development with Community-Based, Funded by North Buton District Goverment (BAPPEDA). 2010
- Regeneration of Euchema sp. In an effort to Quality Improvement of Seaweed. (Funded by Directorate General of Higher Education Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia (STRANAS 2009)
- Determination of Generative Reproductive Cycle and Quality Improvement of carrageenan on Seaweed Euchema sp. (Funded by Directorate General of Higher Education Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia (Fundamental Research 2008)
- Seaweed Development Study for the Community Farmers Seaweed In Baubau City. Funded by baubau City Goverment (BAPPEDA). 2008
WORKSHOP, SYMPOSIUM AND CONFERENCES
- National Scientific Meeting of the Indonesian Association of Oceanologist (ISOI) (PIT X ISOI); Marine Science and Technology Innovation for livelihood and a better life. (11 – 12 November 2013)
- Title : The optimization production of new seaweeds strain of Southeast Sulawesi by using protection methods in seaweeds cultivation
- National Seminar on Geospatial Research for Regional development. Kendari. 30 September 2013
- BITs 3rd Annual World Congress of Marine Biotech nology-2013’s over whel-ming success was due to the dedication. In Hangzhou. China. 23-25 September 2013 Title : Effect of New Methods for Seaweed Cultivation on Marine Environment in Eastern Indonesia
- National Forum; Socialization MAI and the potential for aquaculture development in Southeast Sulawesi. 10 Mei 2013
- Oral Presentation at The 12th International Coral Reef Symposium (ICRS2012) at Cairns, Australia. Title : Coral Reef Condition on Community Based, Marine Protected Areas in Eastern Indonesia. 9-13 July 2012
- Oral Presentation at National Seminar Penelitian Hibah Bersaing Tahun 2012. Director General of Higher Education. 8-9 Juni 2012. Title : Uji lanjutan reproduksi generative dalam peningkatan kualitas rumput laut jenis Eucheuma sp.
- Oral Presentation at Seminar Nasional Strategi Membangun Negara Maritime “ Membedah Peran GeoStrategis Kawasan Timur Indonesia Menuju Negara Maritime”. Kendari16 Mei 2012. Title . Strategi Masyarakat Pesisir dalam Penguatan Terhadap Perubahan Iklim.
- Oral Presentation at International Symposium (The 2nd Coral Reef Management Symposium on the Coral Triangle Area) 29 September 2011. Title : Community Base Marine Protected areas. Three Years after establiesment.
- Oral Presentation at International Symposium (The 2nd Coral Reef Management Symposium on the Coral Triangle Area) 28 – 30 September 2011. Title : Coral Reef condition on Community based Marine Protected Area after three years establishment in Buton district.
- Oral Presentation at Pertemuan Ilmiah Tahunan (PIT) VIII 7 Konres VIII Ikatan Sarjana Oceanologi Indonesia. Di Sahid jaya Hotel Makassar. Indonesia25 – 27 September 2011
- Oral Presentation at International Seminar Integrate Coastal Management Seminar, Japan, Title : Establishment of Community Base Marine Protected Areas for Marine Ecotourism in Eastern Indonesia. 13 January 2011
Kendari, 27 February 2017
Prof. Ma’ruf Kasim, PhD.